Here’s a list of 20 most important things I have learnt in the last 2 decades!
- Black pencil eyeliner under your eyes makes you look like a raccoon
- Wearing your hair in a side ponytail does not look good. ever.
- Don’t just assume people know you love and appreciate them without showing them
- You don’t have to try and please everyone and sometimes think about yourself!
- You don’t need to hoard; plastic bags, receipts, every birthday/Christmas card you’ve received in your whole entire life
- Getting your cartilage pierced REALLY hurts and will probably get infected
- Spend money on experiences rather than materialistic things
- Have goals and aspirations but be flexible on your journey to get there
- Writing down/making notes on what your expenses are, is both horrifying and helpful
- Your alcohol tolerance is no where near as high as the majority of your friends. Don’t forget you are Asian.
- You have so much support and love around you don’t forget to go to those who care
- It’s okay to not know everything and let life surprise you
- The way you see your body is VERY different to the way everyone else sees it
- Listen to your gut as it’s usually right
- You can’t keep a diary to save your life so why do you keep trying every year!?
- Feeling challenged means you’re learning, if life feels stagnant go and seek a challenge
- Gratitude keeps you positive
- Don’t be so precious of your ideas
- If people want you to be in their lives they’ll make it clear. Don’t make little of yourself trying to be somewhere you’re not wanted
- This too shall pass. So have faith the bad times will end and the good won’t last forever, so live in the present.